Sign up your child and their friends for a private art class at the Arts Council of Princeton. Private art classes run 1 hour long and can run for 1 session at a time, or ongoing. Each class taught by a professional teaching artist and all supplies included. Bilingual Spanish option available.
All state-mandated safety measures will be observed and the teacher and the ACP instructor and staff will wear masks in the studio. The studio will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily and before and after groups. In order to register, one parent must fill out the form below.
Cost for 1 Hour Private Class for up to 6 children: $120
We ask that one parent registers the group and stays on the premises during the class. Please let us know if any students have any health concerns we should know about or are not comfortable with their photo being taken.
Below is a sample offering of classes.
- Exploring Clay! Learn pinch and mold techniques and create your own bowls and figurines.
- Color that Pops! Pop Artists like Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, and Yayoi Kusama has pushed the boundaries on what makes art through their inventive use of color and form.
- Oil Resist: Play with watercolor and oil pastel and create vibrant landscape paintings.
- Animal Architecture. Join an artistic tradition of creating sculpture with mixed media materials, and create your own animal sculptures using masking tape and paper.
- Comics and cartoons have captured children’s imaginations for years. This week we will delve deep into our favorite cartoons, and create some of our own characters.
- Art & Motion: Alexander Calder was an inspired artist who loved to create mobiles, tiny toys, and other art that moved. This week we will create our own Calder inspired mobiles.
- Ready, Set, Fold! In this week’s session we will explore origami, turning basic folds into magical creations!
- Paper Mache Masters. Learn about the history of cartonería, most commonly known as paper mâché, and learn how to create your own three dimensional sculptural masterpieces! During this class students will also learn about the life of Mexican artist Pedro Linares, the creator of the paper mâché figures named alebrijes.
A deposit is required to book the space.
The balance is due the day of class.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Amex, cash and checks.
A 100% refund will be given if the class is canceled a minimum of four weeks prior to the class date.
A 50% refund will be given if the class is canceled at least three weeks prior to the class date.
A 25% refund will be given if the class is canceled at least one week prior to the class date.
No refund will be given if the class is canceled six days or less prior to the class date.