The Arts Council of Princeton Invites Artists of All Ages to Submit Artwork for our 50th Anniversary Poster Contest!
The Arts Council of Princeton (ACP) invites the community to express their creativity by designing artwork celebrating the ACP’s 50th Anniversary. Participants are encouraged to submit artwork encompassing the ACP’s mission of Building Community through the Arts. Artwork may be any medium that can be reproduced on our anniversary poster and marketing materials.
Applicants should ideally live or work in the Princeton or surrounding areas and have familiarity with the Arts Council of Princeton. The contest is open to individuals (all ages), companies, organizations, educational institutions, or groups associated with such institutions. The contest judges and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
The Arts Council of Princeton must receive Entries by 5pm on Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Information regarding digital submissions are detailed below in Guidelines. Please keep in mind the main usage of the art will be on a vertical poster, therefore entries should be vertical format. Actual final size of the posters will be approximately 18 x 24” but chosen artwork can be scaled as needed.
• Entries should reference, either abstractly or not, the theme of Building Community through the Arts.
• No more than one Entry may be submitted by one Entrant.
• Art may be supplied in two-dimensional format or as an electronic file.
– Original art (i.e. drawings and paintings) should be dropped off at the Paul Robeson Center for the Arts, 102 Witherspoon Street, Princeton
– Digital files must be submitted as jpeg, png, tiff, or eps file and be a minimum of 300 dpi. – Photographic entries must be submitted as a digital
-Submit digital Entries by emailing file and completed Submission Form to email@example.com with the subject line: “ACP
Poster Art Contest”
• No late entries will be accepted for any reason.
• Designs may be modified by a professional graphic designer to be useable for all applications; by submission of artwork to this contest, the Entrant agrees to any and all modifications deemed necessary by the design team.
• Winning design may be reproduced in a single color or in black and white.
• The ACP is not responsible for returning artwork. Artists will be contacted after Winner’s announcement with instructions to pick up submissions.
One overall winner will be awarded with Prizes (see below). Additional winners from each age group will be contacted to have their artwork featured on upcoming ACP 50th Anniversary materials.
The winning design selected by the judges will be final. The ACP reserves the right not to select a winner and reserves the right to disqualify any entry that doesn’t meet the requirements. Accepting the prize allows the ACP permission to announce and use the winner’s name. Winning designs become the property of the Arts Council of Princeton.
The winner will receive:
• Credit on all materials identifying the winner as the creator of the artwork
• A one-year complimentary Individual Membership to the ACP
Download Guidelines and Submission Form here!