Story & Verse: A Storytelling & Poetic Open Mic- Free and open to the public!
Enjoy an evening of community-created entertainment in the form of storytelling and poetic open mic! Held in collaboration with the African American Cultural Collaborative of Mercer County and the Central Jersey Story Slam, Story & Verse is a monthly open mic for poets and storytellers from all levels of experience.
All are welcome to tell a well-prepared story or perform their poetry inspired by this month’s theme: “After Midnight”. Performers must present their own work and are invited to interpret the theme as broadly as they wish.
The evening will include 45 minutes of stories and 45 minutes of poetry with a brief intermission.
Attendees and performers may begin arriving at 2:45pm. All those interested in performing can then add their name to the hat for the chance to be called to the stage. No advance registration for performers is required.
Donations make this event and others like it possible. Please consider a gift today and ensure the arts are accessible to all, regardless of means.
- Performers will be randomly selected from names in a ‘hat’. If you’re interested in performing, please arrive at 2:45pm.
- Storytellers should prepare a 5-minute story on the theme, true and about the teller. Storytellers should follow “The Moth” guidelines.
- Poets should perform their own poetry, up to 5 minutes in length, related to the theme.
- Performers will be selected at random, so it’s possible that not everyone will get to perform.
To ensure the safety of yourself and fellow attendees:
- Masks are required.
- Maintain 6 feet between you and other groups. Seats will be marked to ensure a safe distance.
- There will be limited seating to cap the audience at 100 attendees
- Please stay home if you feel sick.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.