The Arts Council of Princeton (ACP) is a non-profit organization housed in the landmark Paul Robeson Center for the Arts in downtown Princeton. Founded in 1967, the ACP’s mission is Building Community through the Arts, which it fulfills by presenting a wide range of programs including exhibitions, performances, free community cultural events, and studio-based classes and workshops in the visual, performing and literary arts. The programs are designed to be high-quality, engaging, affordable and accessible to people of all ages, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in the greater Princeton region.
Internships are nonpaid, however ACP internships qualify for most class credit or community service requirements. Come start your career with us!
AVAILABLE I N T E R N S H I P S
Summer Education Intern
Do you love the arts? Get an inside view of the arts administration field by working in a busy downtown arts center this summer while you fulfill your internship requirements. Improve your event coordination skills, marketing knowledge, volunteer management, writing and interpersonal skills while assisting with the Arts Council of Princeton’s summer arts camp for children ages 5-16 and other Education Department duties this summer.
To apply, please submit resume with cover letter identifying qualifications, related experience and reasons for wanting the position, and summer availability to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “Education Intern” in the subject line by May 1, 2019. Please no phone calls.
• PC proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Detail-oriented, team player, with the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet required deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and a strong work ethic
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Multitasker with the ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
• Willingness to get Red Cross 1st Aid certification (paid by organization)
• Must be able to work with children and parents
• Must successfully pass background check