Here are some of our favorite sites to spark imagination, ignite creativity, and delight the senses – updated regularly! Have a suggestion for the list? Let us know!
ARTS COUNCIL OF PRINCETON – ARTS FROM HOME
- apART Together projects – Throughout the next few weeks, the Arts Council will announce new projects to provide opportunities to get hands-on and think creatively. Click here to check out current projects.
- Free Virtual Class: Drawing Landscapes with the Arts Council of Princeton and Princeton University Art Museum. Click here for details!
THINGS TO DO: ARTS & CULTURE
- Consenses’ Humanity Global Art Project
- 4 Things to Do With Your Camera Phone from Home
- Show Me the Monet: How to Exhibit Monet’s Water Lilies in Your Own Home
- Play with Color through Art Palette
- Take Part in a Collective Poem
ART MUSEUMS & GALLERIES
Travel the world from home with a tour of 100s of museum collections via the Google Cultural Institute. Visit the Musee d’Orsay, the Uffizi, the National Museum of Modern Art in Tokyo, or the Museum of Fine Arts of Tartarstan, Russian. Many institutions include curator-led virtual exhibition tours.
Richard Gray Gallery:
Metropolitan Museum of Art:
- Learning Curve: Art Resources for Teaching and Learning from Home
- Free Online Courses
- Magazine – Passionate perspectives on art, artists, and ideas that shape culture today
Princeton University Art Museum
- Explore – LIFE Magazine and the Power of Photography
- Watch – Opening Celebration | Cézanne: The Rock and Quarry Paintings
The New York Academy of Medicine’s #colormycollections offers free downloadable images from over 114 museums, libraries, and other institutions. Choose from the mythical beasts in the rare book collection of the University of Sussex to the Huntington Library’s botanical collection. There’s something for everyone.
BluePrint (formerly Craftsy) – an online crafting resource for makers of all types. Includes classes on sewing, quilting, pattern making, and more. All classes are free online through 4/9.
ART Criticism & Collecting
Hyperallergic is a leading source for contemporary critiques of art and culture around the world and features reviews, listings, and events across every conceivable medium – film, visual arts, performance, literature and theatre.
Artsy is an online resource dedicated to expanding the art market by promoting artists, galleries, and collecting. It’s a trove of online access to the newest gallery shows, museum news, and has a growing curriculum of free online art history classes.
THINGS TO WATCH
- Watch every episode of Bob Ross’ The Joy Of Painting for free! Click here to watch.
- Murmurations: a mesmerizing film that reveals the elaborate flight patterns of starling murmurations to confuse predators. Click here to watch.
- Couple Made a Mini-Museum for Their Gerbils to Visit During Quarantine – click here to view.
- The Getty Museum asks people to recreate paintings with stuff they can find at home – check out the results!
Have an idea to add to the page?
Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!