The mission statement building community through the arts was developed with the belief that the arts and arts education:
- Are fundamental to a healthy society;
- Directly impact academic achievement and improve literacy for school students;
- Positively contribute to the quality of life for all area residents;
- Contribute significantly to economic development; and
- Promote cross-cultural understanding and appreciation.
The ACP fulfills its mission by presenting a wide range of arts and arts education programs including studio-based classes and workshops in the visual, performing and media arts, exhibitions, performances, and free community cultural events. Arts Council of Princeton programs are designed to be high-quality, engaging, affordable and accessible for the diverse population in the greater Princeton region. Creating art and learning from working artists and performers in intimate artistic encounters directly addresses the ACP’s mission. Through these creative encounters, all people are encouraged to engage in the creative process.