The Arts Council of Princeton (ACP) is pleased to offer rental spaces for artists, arts educators, local non-profit organizations, community groups, corporations, and individuals. Some of the spaces can be adapted to accommodate a wide range of events. Centrally located in downtown Princeton, the Paul Robeson Center for the Arts is the ideal location for film screenings, private celebrations, lectures, corporate breakfasts and luncheons, executive retreats, business meetings, and more. For information on children’s birthday parties, click here.
- Robert R. Solley Theater – $125/hour
- Solley Theater Lobby – $85/hour
- Communiversity Room – $85/hour
- Theater + Theater Lobby + Communiversity Room – $250/hour
- Theater + Theater Lobby + Painting Studio – $250/hour
- Taplin Gallery – $150/hour
- Sands Gallery – $85/hour
- Graves Terrace – $85/hour
- Painting*, Reeves, or Burke Studios – $85/hour
- Dance Studio* – $85/hour
*Denotes that rooms are available for Creative Use discount. Please see Available Discounts section below.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND FEES
- Tech Fee (sound/lighting/projection) – $125/hour
- Tech Fee (microphone or screen only) – $25/hour
- Staging (cost per 4’ x 8’ section; 4 available) – $50
- Steinway Model B Piano – $100
- Janitorial Fee (mandatory when food is being served at your event) – $125
EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE WITH ADVANCE REQUEST AT NO CHARGE (IF AVAILABLE)
- Padded theater chairs (100 total)
- Artist stools and easels
- Music stands (6 total)
- Podium (with built-in speaker and microphone)
- Coat racks
- 6 ft and 8 ft tables
HOW TO RENT SPACE
- Review available rooms and studios on our website, artscouncilofprinceton.org
- Review rental rates
- Submit space request form through our website no less than 45 days before the date you are interested in. If you do not receive a response within 2 days, please follow up with Mini Krishnan by calling 609.924.8777 x 108.
- Schedule a visit to see the space, if needed
- Receive a quote form and work out specifics of your rental with Mini Krishnan
- Once details have been finalized, receive and review the rental agreement
- If acceptable, return a signed rental agreement with the security deposit and 50% of the rental fee to secure the space.
Many of our renters choose to serve food during their event. We have several recommended caterers with whom we have worked successfully over the years and who are familiar with our facility. Without a traditional kitchen, food prep and service can be facilitated by selecting the Solley Theater/Lobby/Painting Studio package (the Painting Studio has ample electricity, prep tables, and a sink) as a workspace for caterers. You are welcome to provide your own food or use your own caterer. If you choose the Solley Theater for your event, we allow breakfast or snacks to be served in the Theater. Lunch or dinner service requires selection of the Solley Theater/Lobby Painting Studio package or Solley Theater/Lobby/Communiversity Room package. For any event that includes food, there is a flat janitorial fee of $125.
For rentals taking place in the Solley Theater, a Steinway Model B piano is available for use at a flat rate of $100/event. The piano is tuned once per year. Additional tuning, which requires 6 weeks advance notice, is also available for a flat fee of $250.
Our 6’ and 8’ tables (30” wide) require table linen for any event. Up to 5 black & white checkered tablecloths are available onsite with one week notice, at a cost of $5/tablecloth. Renters are welcome to provide their own linens.
Our hours of operation vary throughout the week and during semesters. Typically, we are open Monday-Thursday, 9 AM-8 PM, and Friday-Saturday 9 AM-5 PM. We are normally closed on Sunday. When you submit your rental request, we will inform you if the facility is scheduled to be open at the time of your rental. If your rental is planned outside of our open hours, we charge an additional fee of $80/hour to cover staffing and facilities costs. There is a 3-hour minimum charge for opening the building outside of our normal schedule.
We wish we could, but unfortunately, we cannot accommodate additional vehicles in our small parking lot. Please check princetonnj.gov/parking for information on public parking. There are several public parking lots very close to our building, and metered parking is also available nearby.
Discounts on current rental rates are offered at 20% for Non-Profit or Community organizations; 40% for current Arts Educators, and 75% for individual Creative Use*. There is a 10% discount offered to current Sustaining-level (and above) Members. Discounts must be requested with submission of the Rental Request, and proof of current Non-Profit status must be verified. These discounts apply solely to the rental fee of the selected room(s). Discounts are not available on piano, janitorial, opening, linen, or any other applicable charges.
*Creative Use discount is only available for use of the Dance or Painting Studios.