The Arts Council of Princeton (ACP) is pleased to offer rental spaces for artists, arts educators, local non-profit organizations, community groups, corporations, and individuals. Some of the spaces can be adapted to accommodate a wide range of events. Centrally located in downtown Princeton, the Paul Robeson Center for the Arts is the ideal location for film screenings, private celebrations, lectures, corporate breakfasts and luncheons, executive retreats, business meetings, and more. For information on children’s birthday parties, click here.
Second-floor spaces can be rented for a flat rate for the minimum of three hours and an hourly rate for every hour thereafter.
For any bookings scheduled outside of our business hours (Mon-Thurs: 9am-9pm and Fri-Sat: 9am-5pm), a staffing fee of $80/hour will be charged.
*Solley theater and combined space rentals have a minimum of three hours. No exception. Rates listed are for Business Hours. There is an additional staffing charge of $80/hour for every hour rented outside our regular business hours.
- Requests for discounts must be submitted with your Rental Request and proof of current Non-Profit status must be verified if applicable.
- Discounts apply solely to the rental fee of the selected room(s). Discounts are not available on piano, janitorial, opening, linen, or any other applicable charges.
STAFFING FEE AND OPENING CHARGES
Our hours of operation vary throughout the week and during semesters. Typically, we are open Monday-Thursday, 9am- 9pm, and Friday-Saturday 9am-4pm. We are normally closed on Sunday.
When you submit your rental request, we will inform you if the facility is scheduled to be open at the time of your rental. If your rental is planned outside of our open hours, we charge an additional fee of $80/hour to cover staffing and facilities costs. There is a 3-hour minimum charge for opening the building outside of our normal schedule.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND FEES
- Janitorial Fee: Mandatory when food is being served at your event
- $125 flat fee
- Staging: 4’ x 4’ sections; 8 available
- $25 per section
- Steinway Model B Piano
- $100 flat fee
- $100 flat fee
- Tech Fees:
- Microphone: $25 each
- Plug-and-play music using ACP sound system: $50
- Projection using ACP projector & sound system: $100
- Tech person available for event for sound mixing/lighting: $100/hour
EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE WITH ADVANCE REQUEST AT NO CHARGE
- Padded theater chairs (100 total)
- Artist stools and easels
- Music stands (5 total)
- Coat racks
- 6 ft and 8 ft tables
Many of our renters choose to serve food during their event. Without a traditional kitchen, food prep and service can be facilitated by selecting the Solley Theater/Lobby/Painting Studio package (the Painting Studio has ample electricity, prep tables, and a sink) as a workspace for caterers. You are welcome to provide your own food or use your own caterer. If you choose the Solley Theater for your event, we allow breakfast or snacks to be served in the Theater. Lunch or dinner service requires selection of the Solley Theater/Lobby Painting Studio package or Solley Theater/Lobby/Communiversity Room package. For any event that includes food, there is a flat janitorial fee of $125.
For rentals taking place in the Solley Theater, a Steinway Model B piano is available for use at a flat rate of $100/event. The piano is tuned once per year. Additional tuning, which requires 6 weeks advance notice, is also available for a flat fee of $250.
Our folding tables require table linens. We have blue tablecloths available onsite (8 for 6’ tables and 3 for 8’ tables) with one week notice, at a cost of $5/ tablecloth. Renters are also welcome to provide their own linens.
We cannot accommodate renters parking vehicles in our parking lot. Please check the Municipality’s website for information on public parking. There are several public parking lots/garages very close to our building, and metered parking is also available nearby. You may use our parking lot for supply drop-off/pick-up but cannot leave your car for the duration of the event.
HOW TO RENT SPACE
- Review available rooms and studios
- Review rental rates above
- Submit space request form no less than 45 days before the date you are interested in. If you do not receive a response within 2 days, please follow up with Mini Krishnan by calling 609.924.8777 x 108.
- Schedule a visit to see the space, if needed
- Receive a quote form and work out specifics of your rental with Mini Krishnan
- Once details have been finalized, receive and review the rental agreement
- If acceptable, return a signed rental agreement with the security deposit and 50% of the rental fee to secure the space.